Journey of 9 Months

After the resolve to write my blog regularly, here I am… with my first post on "my pursuit of happiness"

About 9 months ago I made the decision to move out of placements looking at the recession, which came as an omen, not to put 'corporate job for one year' even as an option.

The omen goes like this…
The placements at NITIE that usually took 3 days showed no signs of settlement even after 30 days. The 100% placement record since inception seamed to break with our batch. The two Business Plan contests I won just preceding the placement season augmented to my bank balance, providing seed capital for 8 months sustainance. Mujeeb (President, BHUMI) had come to mumbai and the 2 year old plan to set up "Lazeez" for bhumi's sustainability moved out of shelves. Dad seamed very supportive and wanted me to find a job in Hyderabad!  and that’s it :)

I got my 'internship at BHUMI' letters ready… and I moved to hyderabad without informing our Placement Dean.

Frankly I came down to Hyderabad with no concrete plan... All i had was about 50k in my bank account, 6 ideas fully evaluated and thought given, and one almost sick registered partnership firm. With lots of excitement and energy, i started working on 4 of them together... most of them on ground evaluation kind of... I wasn't even sure of which idea will work on ground, what i really want to do.. and where am i going to get funds from.. absolutely nothing....

As the beginners luck started appearing, within a month i found many leads, each lending their helping hand. Got lots of projects to work on, and lots of new ideas flowing in, and showing new opportunities almost every day. But slowly things settled... I was stretching myself very thin on my energy taking up everything on my way. I spent almost 6 months working on everything i was excited about and everything i loved doing.. what i gained everyday was a new learning.... I wish to share a few of them.
  • First, I realised No idea is bad, we need to constantly make it appropriate to target customers. Even the goods carrier owner makes more than a software engineer of one year exp. 
  • Ideas are likely to fail, and new ideas will come day in and day out (bcoz its integral part of your thought process), we just need to make choices(right or wrong doesn't matter) and persist. 
  • Most important thing what I leant is dealing with ambiguity, working in most uncertain situations where you don't even know how to go about. I now find it very easy to look beyond any problem and try to figure out solutions, rather then get boggled down with challenges. 
  • Also… I may sound pessimistic but its that we can only work on one thought with complete heart for it… rest all the multi tasking works can only be task driven.
Now after 9 months, my thoughts have almost settled.. I am back with a team of 7 (6 working fulltime) and a new office… working on the product idea that I was holding for 18 months and 3 different teams failing to pull it off…. and looking forward to spend 2 years in the learning journey even before wanting to see success.

The best thing about all the 9 months is I am happy doing what i wanted to do, than regret of not doing something I knew i wanted to.

Enthusiastically waiting to see what life as in store for me?
Thank you everyone for the wonderful support.

I would like to make a special mention of few souls that have inspired and influenced me, Prof. Prasad, Harish Reddy, Mujeeb, Kadambini and my team mates Sreenivas & Chandu also Sandeep Reddy and Danny.

I have a long list of people whom I wish to extend my gratitude:
  • My Mom & Dad, and my brother.
  • BHUMI gang for giving me constant energy ( Papiya Bannerjee, Shilpa, Purushottam, Arun, Ashwin, Pallavi, Abhay, Rakesh, Bharath, Mohd Ali, Rahul, Sravanthi, Joanna, Swathy, Mahesh, Sam) - I dare not miss any name - bug me if u are not here.
  • My NITIE frnds Vikram Malladi, Sudeep Macha, Pavan Pandrangi, Aditya, Venkat, Dola, Sandeep, Vikas, Naveen Durgam, Vinod Durge.
  • My Mentors Karon Shaiva, Gautam Nayapati, Kavita Gulati.
  • Lots of others truly inspiring people Ranga Prasad, Yashwant,Kanti, Lakshimikant, Lalitha, Tejaswi, Divya, Gitanjali, Bharath Nimmala, My Cousin Mahesh…
I know this list is Never ending :) I ll keep updating this… Break for now!

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:42 pm

    u proved right paresh...its nt about d options v have bt its abt d choices v make in life :)

    wer's my party? :P
    win avadam ayipoyindi...karchavadam kuda ayipoyindi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is heartening to see your realizations about life :) I know the high of realizing certain things to be true from experience-no amount of reading and learning and college and MBA will perhaps teach them.

    And I think the best part is the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @tejaswi

    ninnu ippatiki 5 times adigi unta, party istaarnu rammani.. nuvvu busy ammayi kada...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @manoj... the best part is also being able to observe the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Post. Keep Blogging and All the Best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. almost in tears mate!

    proud, excited, motivated all at the same time..

    am sure you have a long way to go, hope our paths keep crossing with liberal doses of such heart warming feelings..

    good luck !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great one dude! I must say it's belittling to call whatever you have written a 'read'! Real emosional atyachaar :P

    What God didn't give you in height, He more than made up for it in vision! All the best!

    Eppudaina khali dorikite Gwalior raa...u never know what opportunities exist here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Going MASADE !!
    Best of Luck !!.. m sure u will Rock one day

    ReplyDelete
  9. @pavan pandrangi even ur reply get me same feelings.. felt it somewhere touched everyone.. and i read it again 2 times!!

    @adi will someday be there.. and soon :)

    @sachin, pavan Thanks for posting comments it makes builds my energy to write!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bhai.. do u remember the question i asked you in bhumi office the day we met about your choice of MBA and the placements.
    (I think even you dint have an answer that day but)

    today, I feel you have got the answer!!

    Kummey bhai.. All the BEST.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best thing about all the 9 months is I am happy doing what i wanted to do, than regret of not doing something I knew i wanted to.

    //

    :):):)
    Good one bro..rock on ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to know that there people who are doing what they want to do, rather than just get along with what comes their way... way to go ra mama, all the best :) i wish to repeat the old telugu adage which Miss Laxmi always use to quote with ref to u... u want me to tell it out or u got it already??? :):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @yash you are one of the most inspiring persons for me, i am always fascinated by your energy, and never say no attitude. I experienced it so many times. lov u buddy! Thanks for the wishes..

    @don thanks buddy for bringing out a line i just wrote down without realizing it meant so much sense...

    @immortal.. mama i dint get ur name from profile.. yea i remember miss lakshmi's words "potti vaadu gatti vaadu". for all my frnds she is the one of the best teacher examples for us... she rides bicycle at 70!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am Proud of you My dear!!
    I trust you from the day one!!remember i am always there for you!!
    You just keep moving!!

    by the way your english is good!! who wrote it... ha ha ha ha
    i guess its your journalist friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha dadu... it just got improved from 52 marks in english in ssc :)

    unfortunately my journalist frnd is in US, and almost lost touch.. else it would have rocked :D

    and I know u are wid me always :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. People call it taking risk Paresh. I would rather say you "found your calling" and am happy about that. Not regretting one bit about the decisions u made. All this with a big smile on the face :)

    Keep going !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Arrey paresh,

    You know what you have said here is so open.. its like an open pipe for everything to emerge and converge. I am soo happy that you believed in yourself, and Bhumi, and took that call when you passed out of NITIE. Its a big risk you took, and i am soo happy to see that your parents supported you!

    Day in Day out, you and the others at Bhumi inspire me to follow dreams as well... hope soon I ll be able to take the plunge as well.

    btw, thanks for mentioning me, I am truly honored. Bas tumhare liye, I would like to continue working at Google ya...

    Please keep your posts regular - acha lagta hai padd na :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice one
    Truely appreciating your confidence and your attaitude of doing what you want to do.
    Many people including me are not able to do that...:)
    Its always gr8 to have a friend like u and thanks for mentioning my name.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Paresh! lovely! i have heard many of these thoughts and feelings of yours on and off during our ride back home chats and especially the rainy day samaosa ragda cnoversation a few months back...never was there more clarity and confidence in your perspective of life and your dreams as there is now...love you as always :)live on!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Paresh, even after commenting on your blog post, something about the Blog kept making me want to come back to it (in a nagging sort of way). I figured out that there are a few questions that I would like to know your opinion on. Here they go:
    1. Your decision to go freelance/not join a company was largely helped by the conditions (recession, bad placements at NITTY etc.) I am sure that there was a tremendous urge in you to do all that you are doing from way before the recession even started :)The question is, would you have still attempted to do all that had there been no recession?

    2.How much do you think our 'self' (in terms of character, bent of mind etc.) influences the kind of decisions that we make?

    3.And what was the toughest time for you in the journey so far? What was the learning that you took from it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. @manoj i just would like to share thoughts... as its only appropriate to share thought.. coz i dont know answers of the questions...

    first, as Raki and Sam were mentioning as risk.. my thought were not wandering of whether it was a risk, for me it was a decision of when! Coherendz started in 2007 during my engineering, and registered in Jan 2008, by june we also had office and hired a guy... but it did not workout and we ended up with a liability of 30k. so... the thought of working on the idea never died... i knew the product we are developing would take atleast an year even before it can get clients. so funds to support development for one year was needed... also dad was wanting me to work for an year before i move on taking up this... !

    parents aspirations, the edu loan that i would need to payback, and financial health were factors that i needed to look into before i could make a decision.

    reg second q.. i think circumstances can force and influence our thoughts but decisions can only made by self... and it owns them!

    somehow there wasnt any very tough time... probably coz.. the mind was tuned to see that there would be tough times... it just made them look normal.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @sam chalo theek hai get out of google and teach me photography :)

    @puru anna we will soon start telangana ruchulu. lazeez kudurale anna leda manam kalisi chestundey.

    @kaddu... the thoughts refined everytime i had a chat with u, and as a best buddy sent to support me, u made me feel even the silence in our conversations. Love u too. keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am sure i will read much better blog after 18 months, even it may be early.keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Its heart warming to read your blog paresh :-), your life is an inspiration to me and your thirst for learning a delight.

    All the best with living life and learning everything else happens along the way

    ReplyDelete
  25. 352 page views
    203 visits
    127 unique visitors.
    3.02 mins - avg time spent of website
    40% visitors visited site more than once :)

    thanks everyone for tremendous response.. this energy will keep me blogging... Thanks for all your wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Its really inspiring and motivating :-).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aarzoo to badey hi, dil mey liye baitha tha...

Aawaara main naa ban paaya...

Emotional factors that spread AIDS